Roscommon County Council plays an active role in supporting existing and prospective businesses throughout the county. The Business Support Unit acts as a single point of contact for businesses in County Roscommon accessing County Council services. It offers a professional service aimed at facilitating, encouraging and developing business investment in County Roscommon.
The Business Support Unit
Provides contact details for the agencies involved in supporting business and innovation.
• Facilitates business during the planning process by offering relevant advice and assistance and arranging pre-planning consultations.
• Liaises between business customers and the various departments of Roscommon County Council including fast-tracking of service delivery to ensure a quick and coordinated response to business customers.
• Acts as a referral service for enterprise support agencies operating in County Roscommon.
• Provides information about water connections, environmental obligations, waste management issues, enterprise centres, broadband, training etc.
• Provides access to County Council owned industrial lands for small business and industrial development.
Contact with Roscommon County Council is a fundamental part of establishing or expanding a business in County Roscommon. The Roscommon County Council Business Support Unit aims to make it as easy as possible for businesses to access and use the relevant sections of Roscommon County Council in order to encourage business in the county. It also pulls together other information about the county that is relevant for people locating here.